I'm Untypically Jia!
If this is your first time visiting then congratulations, you've finally made it here! I know it's been a long journey. I can't give you any guarantee that you'll find anything useful, but you may feel inspired, touched, and even offended. So you know . . . there's that.
Below are some links to help you navigate the blog a little, especially if you're looking for something specific.
About Jia: The Jist of Jia
FAQs: The Nitty Gritty
- I Believe in Magic
- Untypically Jia and the Traveling Red Dress
- This Post Contains Caulk
- Enchilada Cancer
- Words Every Woman Needs To Have
- Untypically in Love: How I Met My Husband
- You Could Save a Life: In Memory of Lisa Margaret Sanders Crew
- Unsilenced: I Am a Survivor of Sexual Abuse
Love, Yourself is a monthly blog feature showcasing the difference that a year can make. Last year I wrote letters to myself that would automatically post every month. This is to help me realise where I was a whole year ago and that small changes make big differences.
I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and fibromyalgia. I've blogged about my journey in healing and have discovered a great network of support. Thank you all! Below are links to several important moments in my recovery.
- I Will No Longer Wear Shoes: My Breakdown
- I am Not My Fear: Conquering My Phobias and Panic Attacks
- Keeping Me Down: Stumbling Along the Way
- Checking Out and Letting Go: Coming Out and the Official Diagnosis
- Prescription - To Be Furiously Happy: How The Bloggess Helps My Mental Illness.
- Getting Real with Mental Illness: I No Longer Self Harm.
- When Illnesses Pile Up: What it feels like to have OCD and Fibromyalgia
- The Nightmare of Mental Illness: The Struggle and Survival
- 30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know
- Breaking the Stigma of Chronic and Mental Illness
Matt and I have been married for nine years and have been praying for a child the entire way. Due to health issues on both our parts we've been so far unable to get pregnant, though we're both striving to become healthy in order to eventually expand our family. Below are links about our struggle and the pain that comes from infertility.
- I Would Die For That: When Others Get Pregnant
- This One's For the Girls: You Think YOU Hate Your Period?
- Mother's Day, a Painful Reminder: Letter to My Unborn Children
- Terrified of Mother's Day: Trying To Hold Still
- Mother's Day : A Little Less Painful With Love
- Letter to Infertility
- I'd Like to Schedule My Epidural Now Please: Biopsies, Blood Work and a Plan
- Hormonal Hysterics and Pitbull Puppies: Fertility Medication
- Pre-Pregnancy Ponderings: HSG Results and Life Changes
- Prescription - Intercourse
I developed a true love of makeup and I've used it to break out of my shell a little more, find the self confidence inside of me, and use color as a way of expressing (and holding onto) my happy moments. I often showcase looks I create, reviews, and swatches of makeup that I love.
Untypically Jia has been featured at:
- SITS: Featured Blogger
- Violence UnSilenced
- Man Wife & Dog : Meet a Wife Monday
- Meet the Newlyweds
- Sugar Filled Emotions
- Casual Blogger Community
Untypically Jia has contributed Articles and Guests Posts at: